Getting free food from the grocery store only takes about an hour of planning each week. It’s a great way for us moms to contribute a bit to the family finances. So, instead of just feeling like I’m always the one spending money, I can know that I’m doing my best to save the most on food.
5 Simple Steps to Getting Free Groceries
- Shop at a grocery store that has double coupon days and then plan to go shopping on those days
- Save the grocery store insert and in-store coupons that you get in the mail each week
- Look at all of the sales and specials and find manufacturers coupons to match the items that are on sale
- Take the sale price and subtract in-store coupons and doubled manufacturers coupons to get your final price
- Decide whether or not the end price is worth the purchase and add it to your shopping list
If you don’t have much time, but you’re curious about what some of the free items could be at your local grocery store, you can get a list at Money Saving Mom. You can even sign up for their e-mail list that will keep you updated on the latest coupon match-ups for the week. The lists aren’t always complete, but it’s a good place to start. I usually find more products than what they have listed.
To find manufacturers coupons, you can look through your Sunday paper and/or find printable coupons online through Coupons.com, Save.com, ShopatHome.com, CouponNetwork.com, and through various social media and product sites. You can always do a search for the specific coupon you’re looking for.