Well, cold and flu season is upon us as the leaves change colors and begin to cover our front lawn. I love fall and everything that comes with it, accept those dreaded soar throats, congestion, and body aches. With seven people in our house, it’s nearly impossible to get through the fall and winter months without any cold or flu symptoms sneaking in to spoil the holiday season.
Here are just a few things I like to keep on hand to get us through those unfortunate times when those little organic lifeforms get us down.
- Soup (I would recommend something organic with garlic)
- Vitamin C drops or supplements
- Lozenges/Cough Drops (Try Ricola Extra Strength Cough Drops)
- Cough Syrup (I like Matys All Natural Kids Cough Syrup or make your own!)
- Nasal Spray
- Orange Juice
- Tea (I recommend the Seasonal Tea Sampler)
- Tylenol Cold and Flu
- Children’s/Infants’ Tylenol
- Apple Sauce
- Clorox Wipes
In addition to all of the personal care items above, you’ll obviously need lots of sleep. So, plan for someone else to watch the kids if you’re the one that’s down for the count. Don’t push it, or you’ll get worse and won’t be able to take care of anyone! You’ll need someone to take care of you! So, everyone get lots of sleep to prevent and fight sickness.