I have changed this baked oatmeal recipe multiple times and have settled on this particular version of baked oatmeal. There are many varieties of baked oatmeal and I’ve shared some links to other baked oatmeal recipes at the end of this post. Enjoy!
- 4 c. regular or instant oats
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. milk
- 2/3 c. water
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil or melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat eggs and add oil or melted butter. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 30-35 min. and serve with milk (optional.) Yum!
These other baked oatmeal recipes look very promising and have great ratings…
Baked Oatmeal with Raisins and Nuts
Baked Oatmeal with Dried Cranberries
Taste of Home Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Quaker Oats Baked Oatmeal Recipe
My husband is sensitive to gluten, so I’ve been trying to make some yummy gluten free foods for him. It’s absolutely crazy how much gluten free pizza crusts, noodles, and other pre-made stuff is at the grocery store. Just one gluten free pizza crust can be as much as $12! So, I’ve opted for the home-made kind. And, according to my husband, I hit a home run with my last effort.
His favorite kind of pizza has always been stuffed crust pizza with almost any kind of topping. So, it broke his heart when he had to go gluten free. It has not been easy for him, but he has gone without eating stuffed crust pizza for almost two years now. So, I thought I would surprise him the other day with a gluten free stuffed crust pizza. It was so good that I just had to share it with you. So, here it is.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 8 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Sift the rice flour, potato starch, and xanthan gum together.
- Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out.
- Dough will be sticky. This is normal. Using well floured hands, roll the cheese sticks in along the edge of the pizza. Make sure dough is formed completely over each cheese stick
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil and flour the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 20 minutes.